Samstag, 30. Mai 2015

Genre confusion: Romance


Ah, love is in the air~

Romance can be defined as a genre wherein the plot revolves around the love between two protagonists. This genre usually has a theme that explores an issue within love, including elements like love at first sight, forbidden love, love triangles, and sacrificial love.
EVERYONE should be familiar with this. Really. It's part of almost every drama, in one way or another.
Whether the end is happy or sad is up to the writer but it should cause strong emotions.

The first drama that came to my mind is Her Lovely Heels that cut out every business stuff (that's why there's not that much screen time) which makes it almost a pure romance series. And it works with two of the elements mentioned above: love at first sight and a love triangle.


Personally I think this drama should make you smile at first because.. cute couples always make me smile and I bet I'm not the only one.

But then again I think there are people like me who are close to puke hearts or rainbows when something ends up too cheesy. Usually the romance genre gets mixed up with melodrama or comedy to make it appealing to a wider audience, and romantic comedies are usually popular among women.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen